The Life and Times Of Rick
My first job was at the age of 10 years old delivering newspapers for the Minneapolis Tribune.
I worked the fields hoeing beans and de-tasseling corn as an eleven and twelve-year old.
I held several odd jobs, including working at a gas station, washing dishes,cook and delivering pizza's.
From 1976 to 1982 (through high school and college), I worked at Reedys Our Own Hardware in Vermillion SD.
After graduating college in 1982 from the University Of South Dakota I accepted a position with Payless Cashways managing lumber yards from 1982 through 1994.
In 1994, I moved to Bentonville Arkansas and I worked for a large community developer, Cooper Communities. I operated three lumber/retail/wholesale facilities for Cooper until 1998.
After leaving Cooper I bought into a business that installed siding, insulation and rain gutters, fulfilling a life long dream of owning a business. A couple of years later, I sold the business to my partner so that I could pursue another dream: Home Building.
I started my own building company, R & R Homes, specializing in custom homes for retiree's in Bella Vista, AR. R & R also built homes in Bentonville (home of Walmart). We created over 65 homes ranging from $175,000 to $625,000.
I closed the business after 12 years, in 2010 when the economy faltered but my passion for the housing industry continued. I began selling real estate with RE/MAX in 2010. With an extensive back ground in all phases of home creation real estate is a great fit.
In September of 2012, I returned to South Dakota, where I continue to do what I'm passionate about: matching buyers to their dreams and helping sellers achieve their next dream. Give me a call I would love to help you achieve your dreams and goals.
Successfully raised two great kids to become wonderful adults.
- I understand "What Makes a House Your Home." How? I've been involved in every stage of home creation for more than 30 years.
- I know the components involved in home building and how to assemble them, a unique expertise not found with most REALTORS®. This includes 16 years managing building material businesses; 3 years owning a sub-contractor operation; and 12 years building homes.
- I believe in serving the needs of my clients by following one of the most important rules of communications by...listening. Hearing your needs first, then providing exceptional service to help you achieve your goals.
- I have a strong Midwest work ethic that was honed growing up in South Dakota.
- I have designed, built and sold 65-plus homes ranging from $175,000 to $625,000.
- I am part of one of the largest real estate teams in the world, which has unmatched resources to serve your needs...RE/MAX.
- Now that you know me, I'd like to get to know you. Just give me a call (605-484-1790) or send me an email. Coffee's on me.
The real estate network that has the most competitive advantages to offer homebuyers and sellers will be an industry leader. RE/MAX is that leader. Thanks to its global network and stellar reputation, it's no wonder people turn to RE/MAX when they embark on the home buying or selling process.
When you look for the highest quality real estate service, look to a RE/MAX Associate. RE/MAX Associates are The Real Estate Leaders®. You can depend on RE/MAX Associates to make the sale or purchase of a home as effortless and seamless as possible.